Welcome to Omni-bot Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Goldfinger - Mapper landmines as func_explosive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationFrance

Good afternoon,

On Goldfinger map, the gold dropoff, the truck, is protected by 8 mapper-placed landmines

They're behind a gate and a wooden board; all of these entities are func_explosive

I tried to make a GRENADE goal target them, but the trace was failing to find anything... I've been able to make one targeting the gate though (see attached ZIP)

Then I tried something planned for later: make Axis bots ignore them, following the Wiki article about ignoring shootable targets

I've been able to identify the target name, problem is if you check /entitylist, both func_explosive and target_speaker have the same one, and Axis bots are still shooting them... I'm afraid i. e. GetEntityByName( "t1087" ) grabbed the speaker and not the func_explosive, but I haven't found on the wiki the specs of "Entity" or "GameEntity" object to see if I can check that myself

The attached waypoints leave one CAMP spot available with a long targeting breakables distance (just destroy the gate with a grenade first, and bots will attempt to shot the landmines)

How to handle these two things (Allies to grenade them and Axis to ignore them)?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Mateos

Edit: Welp, the ignore seems to work... I can try to manually set the target in the _goals.gm file then for a new GRENADE goal, but I'm still interested in knowing the Entity/GameEntity object

Attached Files

Edited by Mateos, 02 February 2020 - 12:10 PM.

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 574 posts

You don't have to stand exactly on the grenade goal while setting its trace property. You can move closer to the target. You can also use /noclip cheat to get above the mines. Then the trace works.

Last 16 bits of entity an handle is its entity ID.

/bot script_run print(GetEntityByName('t1087'))
entity:0x100db

You can use any scientific calculator to convert hexadecimal value 00db to decimal value 235. Then you can find it in /entitylist.

Sometimes it's better to use TraceLine instead of entity name. I've done it in UrbanTerritory map.

• Mateos likes this

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationFrance

Thank you very much!

mateos1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users