Welcome to Omni-bot Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Several questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

Good evening,

I got a few questions:

- On Gold Finger, once an MG42 is built, I've enabled the related MOUNTMG42 goal; but when bots try to mount it, they just move back and forth, and then it's a timeout... I tried to correct the goal position, nothing;

- Same map, sometimes bots get below the elevator. I used a trigger region to detect them, but I can't get them to move out. I tried the MoveToward function, but they don't move... I've left them self-killing for now;

- I'm also working on V1 Rocket, and for the Main Entrance, I made bots plant by the back (I plan to allow them to plant both sides), but there are cover spots on the two sides. I'd like to know if I can tell a bot with a Role to prioritize particular UsePoint(s) and CoverSpot(s)? I guess assigning a role to these would need some code rewrite, but since there are commands to cycle through bots and check their role, perhaps a CoverSpot is basically enabled on PLANT event and has already some high priority?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Mateos

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 523 posts

- I fixed the mg42 offset.

- It's not possible to move a bot from a trigger region. You can move a bot only from a paththrough navigation. But you can't use the paththrough navigation because there is already the paththrough switch in the elevator. Only one paththrough can be active. I think you could set role to the bot in the trigger region and create high priority attack goal outside the elevator which would be restricted to that role.

- PLANT goal has coversplit property which should be used if cover spots are on both sides of a wall.

• Mateos likes this

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

Thank you for the MG42! I pushed it that far on these axes because the trouble was at its origin, so I thought it was needed to but it a bit far like that ^^'

I went the ROLE+CAMP (1.1 priority, with a waypoint having a path through which removes the ROLE from the bot) goal way, but it seems that even though the ROLE got removed from the bot (I used HasRole to check after ward in case), the bot will stay at the high-priority CAMP spot (I also checked the nav in case I left a waypoint without a link or else) -> Would you like the waypoint here?

Going to test cover split later thank you, forgot about that one ^^'

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 523 posts

Try to set mincamptime = 0, maxcamptime = 0 of the high priority CAMP goal, in OnMapGoal after setting global camp times.

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

Yeah I thought about this but it's a workaround :P I'll do it like this then

mateos1.png

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

Little issue with cover split: the PLANT objective I'm editing isn't aligned on the grid, thus the split is wrong ^^'

It's PLANT_Main_Entrance_to_the_Rocket_Base on V1 Rocket (Beta 2), and it is like 45° rotated

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 523 posts

Cover split depends on your position and facing at the moment when you set the goal property.

• Mateos likes this

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

I thought otherwise because the wiki says: Sets vector3 perpendicular to objective (normal vector).

Works, thank you!

Btw no graphical hint as to is cover split is on?

(Edit) Extra-question regarding Roles: the property MinBotsForRole counts the total bots or just team bots?

Edited by Mateos, 11 November 2017 - 10:28 AM.

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 523 posts

MinBotsForRole counts just team bots.

• Mateos likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users