Welcome to Omni-bot Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help for compiling OB under Windows using VS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

Good evening,

I tried a while ago (files dated from 2015) to compile myself the omnibot_et.dll, and I wanted to try again now

I used boost 1.59 (source seems to reference 1.44, I can't get it to generate the required lib files), and it seems I needed to copy the file system lib from .\stage\lib to the root folder of boost to get it loading for the Common project to compile (quite hackish so)

Now it's the ET project which can't find that file, and I tried putting it in several places but so far unsuccessful

I followed that guide:

http://omni-bot.invi...ile#tab=Windows

Where does that project expect to find that lib file generated by boost? Couldn't find any extra folder through the VS files referencing $(BOOST)

Thank you in advance ^^'

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 523 posts

$(BOOST) path is defined in file 0.83\Omnibot\projects\msvc12\PropertySheets\Paths.props

Header files are in $(BOOST)\boost

Library files are in $(BOOST)\lib

64-bit library files are in $(BOOST)\lib\x64

• Mateos likes this

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

I've created the folder $(BOOST)\lib and copied the lib file in there, but still not luck for VS to find it ^^' Building 32 bits

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 523 posts

Which version of Visual Studio do you have ?

What is the error message ?

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

Visual Studio 2015; ET project is unable to find the file 'libboost_filesystem-vc140-mt-s-1_59.lib'

mateos1.png

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 523 posts

You can verify the boost path in MOD_ET project properties, on the Linker / Command Line page. There is parameter /LIBPATH.

File name must be correct too. Boost sometimes creates lib file name containing -vc- instead of -vc140-.

• Mateos likes this

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationFrance

I copied the content of $(BOOST)/stage/lib to the manually-created $(BOOST)/lib and it compiled

Shouldn't this directory, generated by boost, be directly referenced?

mateos1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users