Welcome to Omni-bot Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FoxBot 0.77 "seg-faulting" Linux dedicated server?

- - - - - FoxBot MetaMod AMX-Mod-X Linux Debian SegFault Seg-Fault

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Weasel

Weasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRachel, NV

Anybody else having issues with Linux build of FoxBot 0.77 seg-faulting the server?

Upgraded MetaMod (to version 1.21.1-am) as part of an upgrade to AMX-Mod-X (version 1.8.3 "stable-branch" dev build), and after that the seg-faulting began.

If I remove FoxBot from my meta-mod configuration, everything runs fine.

Does that mean FoxBot needs a fresh recompile/release? or some other fix?

My server is Debian "Jessie" (ver 8.x).

PS: Last working download links that I found for FoxBot, that were still operational were:

PPS: Just re-uploaded those same file here on Omni-Bot, since they appeared to be missing.  The uploads are waiting for moderator "approval".

noderaser

noderaser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I'm on yet another iteration of bring my server up, and this time I made an FTP dump before taking it down so I was able to salvage the configuration, though I had to update the server software to the newer version. Has anyone had 0.77 working since that update? I've tried it with the original config, with AMXMODX v1.8.1.3746 and MetaMod v1.20 and I get our old friend:

./hlds_run: line 255: 22529 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD

This happens as soon as the first bot is added to the server. I also tried updating to AMXMODX v1.8.2 and MetaMod v1.21.1-am with the same results. Right now, I'm running the server without bots which is pretty useless because it won't attract any players without them. Does anyone have pointers, or a functional configuration for TFC, even with a different bot?

RoboCop

RoboCop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Its the Meta API for tfc_i386.so that fails to be located as SteamPipe servers no longer use the Linux suffix i386.so and amd64.so builds anymore. Mine works by renaming the tfc.so as tfc_i386.so in /tfc/dlls/ folder/

classic-76561197979911480.png

b_460x42_C000000-323957-202743-FFFFFF-F1
ami.gif

[APG] Clan Leader - www.apg-clan.org

noderaser

noderaser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Brilliant!!! I'm not able to get in and actually play on the server to make sure all is totally well since I'm travelling for work and am on a really crappy connection, but I was able to get in via FTP and rename tfc.so to tfc_i386.so and gave the server a restart--and bots started popping up in HLSW! I'll continue to monitor and see if there are any further issues.

Would there be any plugins that might be looking for tfc.so? Should I make a copy of that so both names are present?

RoboCop

RoboCop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

As far I am aware off it appears only FoxBot didn't allow to search for the tfc.so as the rest like Sparkys, HookMod, HLGuard v1.9 and Metamod-p37 work fine on my Xubuntu 14.04 server.

ami.gif

Weasel

Weasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRachel, NV

Its the Meta API for tfc_i386.so that fails to be located as SteamPipe servers no longer use the Linux suffix i386.so and amd64.so builds anymore. Mine works by renaming the tfc.so as tfc_i386.so in /tfc/dlls/ folder/

Tried this on my server (Ubuntu 14.04), and it still seg-faults.

RoboCop

RoboCop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Well I've just compiled the new 0.78-beta build for Linux. Try it out from my download website.

ami.gif

Weasel

Weasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRachel, NV
Thanks!
I will try it later today.

Weasel

Weasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRachel, NV

Well I've just compiled the new 0.78-beta build for Linux. Try it out from my download website.

For whatever reason, Chrome is blocking downloads from your site.  At least with any of the FoxBot stuff.
"[filename] may harm your browsing experience, so Chrome has blocked it"
Update: Managed to get it downloaded, scanned for viruses/threats no issues found. Just maybe Chrome things stuff with "bot" in the name is maybe malware source-code or something like that.

Weasel

Weasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRachel, NV
Update: That build from RoboCop is working exactly as expected (no errors, etc.) under my Linux-based (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) server!
Great to be running FoxBot again - instead of HPB_Bot!
Thanks RoboCop!

RoboCop

RoboCop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Well I'm no VS fan for compiling FB 0.78 for Windows Servers so the Windows version may take some time. Plus I've managed to find the FB 0.77 Windows zip that was missing.

ami.gif

RoboCop

RoboCop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

@Weasel

I've managed to recompile FoxBot 0.78-beta2 as I learned Foxbot had support for FLF, HLDM, Op4, and CS plus some unused entities that would of clogged FoxBot to have a slight sluggish performance. But to tell you the truth I don't think we should be bothered with that, as having Foxbot losing support for those mods except TFC for enhanced performance - from which I just fixed now.

Again I couldn't seem to recompile FoxBot as my VS 2015 giving me errors with "LNK2001" and "LNK2019".

And as for maybe making FoxBot more agile and "self-learning" waypoints like JK_Botti, well afraid that can be a huge challenge to achieve...

ami.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users