Welcome to Omni-bot Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

0.82 crashes + Jaymod 2.2.0 and Debian Wheezy

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

hellreturn

hellreturn

• Members
  • 153 posts

For some reason omni bot keeps crashing server. Any help would be appreciated since I can't figure out why it's crashing. Last few lines in log:

Kill: 2 24 10: ^o[BOT]^7Gali killed ^o[BOT]^7Tanz by MOD_THOMPSON
Setting Allied autospawn to Old City
Setting Axis autospawn to Axis Garrison
Kill: 22 2 7: ^o[BOT]^7Blackadder killed ^o[BOT]^7Gali by MOD_LUGER
ClientConnect: 54
Userinfo: \name\^o[BOT]^7George\rate\25000\snaps\20\ip\localhost\cl_guid\OMNIBOT5400000000000000000000000
ClientUserinfoChanged: 54 n\^o[BOT]^7George\t\3\c\0\r\1\m\0000000\s\1111100\dn\\dr\0\w\0\lw\0\sw\0\mu\0\ref\1\sc\0
Userinfo: \name\^o[BOT]^7George\rate\25000\snaps\20\ip\localhost\cl_guid\OMNIBOT5400000000000000000000000
ClientUserinfoChanged: 54 n\^o[BOT]^7George\t\1\c\0\r\1\m\0000000\s\1111100\dn\\dr\0\w\0\lw\31\sw\2\mu\0\ref\1\sc\0
ClientUserinfoChanged: 54 n\^o[BOT]^7George\t\1\c\0\r\1\m\0000000\s\1111100\dn\\dr\0\w\31\lw\31\sw\2\mu\0\ref\1\sc\0
broadcast: print "^o[BOT]^7George^7 entered the game\n"
ClientBegin: 54
^1setdot failed.

^1
scripts/def_bot.gm(12) : this.ReactionTime = 1.0;

^1
callstack..

^1 12: __main

^1

referral-0104343001382132136.gif lback-banner_mygamingtalk.jpg

logo.png

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationFrance

Do you have the latest files from the Assembla repo installed?

mateos1.png

hellreturn

hellreturn

• Members
  • 153 posts

Do you have the latest files from the Assembla repo installed?

I believe I have 0.82. Any specific changes from latest public build? Can u please give me repo link so I can add the latest files if that will fix the issue? 

logo.png

Mateos

Mateos

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationFrance

Here you go:

http://svn.assembla....-Territory/0.8/

You may download a SVN software like TortoiseSVN and download the whole folder, so you can stay up to date :)

https://www.assembla...subversion_tool

You can also check the revisions per file :)

mateos1.png

crapshoot

crapshoot

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,890 posts

I'll be packaging that up soon and doing an official release as Palota has mentioned he is ready. I want to verify some compiler flags for linux first; which I will do this weekend.

• hellreturn likes this

hellreturn

hellreturn

• Members
  • 153 posts

I'll be packaging that up soon and doing an official release as Palota has mentioned he is ready. I want to verify some compiler flags for linux first; which I will do this weekend.

Going to wait for next build then. Thanks crapshoot!

logo.png

phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I can verify that the omnibot-0.82 crash also occurs on Windows 2008 R2 server with jaymod-2.2.0. We have seen it many times. I have many crash logs if anyone would like to review them. It crashes every two days.

As an experiment I set up a jaymod-2.1.7 server running omnibot-0.66 with the rest of the settings the same as the jaymod-2.2.0 with omnibot-0.82. This server has run without crashes for about ten days so far. So this demonstrates to me that it is not my hardware or network.

Thanks for looking into this issue. I realize ET does not get much developer attention anymore but some of us still love this old game.

phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Here is some basic information from one of the crash logs that may be helpful:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          10/16/2013 11:27:58 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      ########
Description:
Faulting application name: WolfDED_27961.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51ddb78b
Faulting module name: omnibot_et.dll, version: 0.8.0.2009, time stamp: 0x501be951
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00043c06
Faulting process id: 0xd24
Faulting application start time: 0x01cec84889b3de30
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\27961\WolfDED_27961.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\27961\omni-bot\omnibot_et.dll
Report Id: 7f79d0e0-36e4-11e3-9d4b-c0346ab32653
Event Xml:

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 536 posts

Which maps or pk3 files do you have on your server ? Do you use any custom scripts ? Do you set some special cvars ? Have you tried other mods besides jaymod ?

hellreturn

hellreturn

• Members
  • 153 posts

Which maps or pk3 files do you have on your server ? Do you use any custom scripts ? Do you set some special cvars ? Have you tried other mods besides jaymod ?

It happens on NQ 1.2.9 B6 also. For jaymod it's cluster mess. It happens randomly for Windows and Linux servers. 

logo.png

crapshoot

crapshoot

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,890 posts

We did release some interface updates to handle a case where bots were being kicked and not telling the bot library about it. These updates came after those mod versions were released, so I am not sure what we can do about it on the mod side. Specifically, if bots were kicked in ClientUserInfoChanged, it seemed to cause the crashes. So cvars like spoof options, etc that are kicking clients in that function would most likely need to be disabled when running bots.  Also, I think that I submitted a fix that ensured that SVF_BOT was unset from the clients on a kick as there seemed to be a rare case where human clients had that flag set.

We'll look and see if there is a way to handle it in the bot library gracefully, but there is only limited support that we can provide for closed source mods that aren't updating for bug fixes / latest bot versions.

hellreturn

hellreturn

• Members
  • 153 posts

Have to agree with you crapshoot about Jaymod and for that reason just 2 days back we added our own LUA integration to Jaymod so we can run LUA's on our jaymod server. That resolves many of our issues. 

Will wait for 0.8.3 release and see how it goes. I am hoping that would resolve the issue. If anyone needs crash lag with NQ 1.2.9 B6 also let me know. No idea why IRATA isn't releasing 1.3.0 with all the fixes they have made ..so that mod is more stable and have few more features. I am deadly waiting for mod based keys for NQ 1.2.9  b6 to resolve etkey issues we have on our NQ server.

Possible to give me beta build once you make it so i can test it with silEnT mod also before release? So if any issues we can address it before final release. Thanks

logo.png

phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

We run highly modified jaymod servers and take advantage of the many add-ons available online.

We run around 20 maps on our jaymod-2.2.0 server. It does not seem to be connected to any particular map. All of them have omnibot-approved waypoints so we did not think maps were an issue. We did not use any homemade waypoints.

We run a voicepack pk3 with some random movie quotes and music intros for members. Also a pk3 that prevents the "landmine spotted" voice from playing, and another one that makes the names look like the old RTCW font (all capitalized).

We DO run enhanced mod with jaymod and use it for adding extra commands and adding ammo to weapons. I do not know if you have ever had issues with enhmod. I am aware that enhmod can cause issues with other mods.

We are also using ET 3.00 from Trackbase to allow us to post the servers on both master lists.

And then we run serverfacade so we can have a few extra links on the masterlist so we will stand out enough to actually get a full server most of the time. It runs on an additional port on an additional ET process so it should not interfere with the active server.

We use some restart scripts within the server itself so it will restart when the ET server has a crash. This mitigates the problem somewhat if the problem happens in a way that these scripts interpret as a trigger to restart the server. If not then it stays off until we get the time to check on it and restart it.

It seems to be a jaymod issue. We also run silent mod and NQ with omnibot-0.82 and have not had any crashes.

I realize that jaymod is no longer supported, so you may be limited in what you can do. We don't want to go back to the older omnibot versions if it can be avoided. The performance of the 0.8 mod is so much better than the old ones that we would be opening ourselves up to complaints. The old bots get stuck constantly and just are not as intelligent.

Thanks

phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Here is our omnibot.cfg if you have any suggestions:

[Debug]
DumpFileEnable                 = true
DumpFileDialog                 = true

[Script]
Debug                          = true
EnableRemoteDebugger           = false
LiveUpdate                     = false

[Debug Render]
EnableInterProcess             = true

[Downloader]
Server                         =
Script                         =
DownloadMissingNav             = false

[ServerManager]
MaxBots                        = 16
BalanceTeams                   = 1
SaveConfigChanges              = 1
CountSpectators                = 0
SleepBots                      = 1
MinBots                        = -1
InitialDelayTime               = 2.1

[Difficulty]
CurrentDifficulty              = 2
AdjustAim                      = 1

[CombatMovement]
moveskill                      = 3

[HeavyWeapons]
MinPlayersForMortar            = -1
MinPlayersForMobileMG          = -1

[Log]
LogInfo                        = false
LogWarnings                    = false
LogErrors                      = true
LogCriticalErrors              = true

[Debug Window]
ShowConsole                    = false
ShowGoals                      = false
ShowProfiler                   = false
ShowMap                        = false
ShowStateTree                  = false
ShowLog                        = false
ShowScript                     = false
ShowHud                        = false
ShowNav                        = false

[XP]
Reset                          = 1
Max                            = 3000

[FireTeam]
enabled                        = 0

[Versus]
BotTeam                        = -1
HumanTeam                      = 1
BotsPerHuman                   = 3

[RemoteWindow]
Enabled                        = 0
Port                           = 53000

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 536 posts

I've fixed one bug. You can download new version of omnibot_et.dll or omnibot_et.so from assembla.

• hellreturn and Mateos like this

crapshoot

crapshoot

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,890 posts

0.83 has been released.

• hellreturn and Mateos like this

phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thank you, we have them running on a test jaymod server now. If we get any crashes we will send you the log.

hellreturn

hellreturn

• Members
  • 153 posts

It's still crashing with 0.8.3.  Crapshoot send you a PM.

Thanks!

logo.png

phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello,

We are getting some unexpected crashes as well with omnibot 0.83. Specifically, our console logs end with a lot of entities being filled up until it reaches the limit and the server crashes. It fills up with tempEntities

We are uncertain as to the cause. The only thing we have changed lately is upgrading to the newest version of omnibot (0.83) a couple months ago.

The crashes seem to happen after a couple days of running ok with no obvious problems.

Here is what the logs look like at the end:

1008: tempEntity
1009: tempEntity
1010: tempEntity
1011: tempEntity
1012: tempEntity
1013: tempEntity
1014: tempEntity
1015: tempEntity
1016: tempEntity
1017: tempEntity
1018: tempEntity
1019: tempEntity
1020: tempEntity
1021: tempEntity
1022: worldspawn
1023: (null)

palota

palota

• Administrators
  • 536 posts

Omni-bot cannot add any entities. The interface only allows to get information about entities, but it can't create, delete or modify anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users